Help Is Here
If you are experiencing an eye emergency, call us at 954 434 1414 immediately. For after hours emergencies, go to your nearest urgent care or medical center.
Eye care emergencies are no laughing matter. They can happen unexpectedly and can bring pain and anxiety along with them.
Need help? Contact us right away.
What an Emergency Feels Like
If you’re experiencing an eye care emergency at the moment, chances are you’re probably aware.
The following symptoms indicate that you should see your eye doctor as quickly as possible:
- A sudden decrease or loss of vision
- Burning or stinging sensation
- Pupils that are suddenly different sizes
- One eye is not moving normally or with the other eye
- One eye is sticking out or bulging
- Pain in your eye or around your eye
- Double vision or feeling like images are overlapping
- Redness or irritation in or around your eye
- Sudden sensitivity to light
- Bruising around your eye
- Bleeding from your eye or blood in the white part (sclera)
- Discharge that may look mucusy
- Sudden and severe itching
- New or severe headaches
What to Do
If you experience an eye care emergency, there are different steps you should take while you seek medical attention, depending on the injury.
If you splash chemicals or get aerosols in your eye, please rinse the affected eye with lukewarm water as soon as possible, and seek help from us.
If something has lodged itself in your eye (maybe a pesky piece of grass from mowing the lawn), there’s a chance you could rinse it out with lukewarm water without it causing further damage.
If you can see that an object has lodged in your eye or it has punctured your eye, please do not touch it. Leave it there, do not apply pressure, and get medical attention as quickly as possible.
Sometimes eye emergencies aren’t caused by anything obvious. If you have a sudden change in your vision or other symptoms as listed above, seek medical attention quickly.
Get in Touch
Our professional team at Eye Q is well trained and knowledgeable about treating eye injuries. In many cases, quickly seeking help can protect your vision and prevent vision loss.
Get in touch with us if you need eye emergency assistance or if you have any questions.
We are located in the heart of Cooper City, just off Stirling Road between Nob Hill and Pine Island Roads in the new Cooper Square Plaza.
- Suite 105, 9620 Stirling Road
- Cooper City, FL 33024
- Phone: 954-434-1414
- Email: [email protected]
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed